Blockchain has become the biggest buzzword in the technology landscape today. This webinar will demystify the technology and provide key insights from one of the leading experts in Ireland. Blockchain is essentially a record keeping innovation which is at the heart of how businesses figure out how to trust each other. The crucial advantages of Blockchains are the improvement in immutability of data, traceability and security.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for accountants, and other business professionals who want to keep abreast of global technology developments and understand the impacts this foundational technology will have on their industry.This event has been organised by the Young Professionals Committee
- Introduction to Blockchain Technology
- Key implications for industries and sectors
Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand key principles of Blockchain technology
- Appreciate the challenges and disruptive aspects of Blockchain technologies
- Understand the emerging use cases of Blockchain
- Identify key Blockchain applications
Lory Kehoe – Lory has been at the forefront of Blockchain Technology in Ireland for the last 5 years. Lory is the Managing Director at the Irish branch of ConsenSys, the world’s largest Blockchain company. Lory co-founded the Irish government backed industry group ‘Blockchain Ireland’ to establish Ireland as a global blockchain hub in 2015.