CAW Network USA supports and connects over 7,000 Chartered Accountants residing in the USA and is expanding to cover members in Canada and the Caribbean. Chartered Accountants Worldwide (CAW) brings together over 1.8 million members and students from 15 Chartered Accounting institutes. Details can be found on our website https://cawnetworkusa.com
For CAW Network USA to continue its growth and focus on providing education and networking opportunities to members in the USA, we have the following openings for volunteer positions:
- Director Member Advocacy West (Voting Board position)
- Assistant Director Member Advocacy West
- Assistant Treasurer
- Director Education
- Director Member Services
- Director Programming
- Director Philanthropy
- Chapter President – Denver, Minneapolis, Portland (OR), Austin. We can also consider additional chapters where there is local interest
Details on each of the positions are below. Our expectation is that if we can continue to expand our volunteer resources, we will be able to drive growth in both member engagement and revenue, enabling us to expand further the activities we are able to pursue.
If you are an interested candidate or would like to nominate a candidate, please contact [email protected]
Open positions. See below:
Term of Office
Duties may be assumed immediately upon appointment. With the exception of the Director Member advocacy West, the term of office is one year, renewable annually.
1. Director Member Advocacy West (voting Board position) – open estimate 30-hours / month. This position represents the interests of Members and Associates to the Board in their respective geographical region. The Board determines the geographic areas to be covered and may revise these from time to time. For example, when extending coverage to include Canada and the Caribbean.
- Convene periodic meetings with chapter heads individually and as a group.
- This position oversees chapter heads in the region and works with them to agree online and in person meetings and activities.
- They are responsible for reporting to the Board on status at the monthly Board meeting and to submit a report to be included in the Board reporting pack.
- Oversee any budget allocated to the West chapters and agree chapter allocations / approve chapter expenses and submit approved claims to the
- Treasurer for payment
- Estimated time commitment is approximately 30-hours / month.
2. Assistant Director Member Advocacy West – Open – estimate 10-20 hours / month.
- To support and be backup for the Director Member Advocacy East.
- Director Member Advocacy West role is appointed by the Board and
- the Board shall determine the geographic areas to be covered and may revise this from time to time. Currently this position covers the Pacific and Mountain time zones as well as Central (Texas only).
- this position oversees chapter heads in the region and works with them to agree online and in person meetings and activities.
- they are responsible for reporting to the Board on status at the monthly Board meeting and to submit a report to be included in the Board reporting pack.Director Member Advocacy West role is appointed by the Board and
3. Assistant Treasurer – Open estimate 20 hours / month
- Reports to and assists our Treasurer.
- is backup to Treasurer to attend Board / Executive meetings as necessary.
- Next in line for Treasurer Board position when Treasurer reaches term limit or stands down.
- Treasurer role:
- is accountable for and has charge of all funds of the Association.deposits all receipts and pays all bills of the Association.
- keeps an itemized record, in a permanent form, of all receipts and expenditures, assets and liabilities (Quickbooks).
- ensures the Association remains in compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
- prepares financial statements.
- prepares the annual budget of the Association and presents such budget to the Board.
- works with the independent CPA to complete the annual audit prior to the Annual Meeting.
- presents audited financial statements of the Association at the Annual General Meeting of the Association.
- oversees the work and duties of any Staff or volunteers who provide accounting assistance.
- Estimated time commitment (Treasurer) is approximately 30-hours / month.
4. Director Education – Open. Estimate 10-20 hours / month.
This position focuses on our ‘educating’ members and covers:
- E-learning (IQEX, AICPA classes, self-study)
- Agreeing a program of CPE eligible events / webinars that match CAW, Institute and CAW Network USA priorities
- Any additional initiatives that add to ‘education’.
- Reviewing Institute and other accounting body / accounting practice / consulting firms’ initiatives, to look for ways we can engage, assist, make content available to members.
- Curating content – adding and updating classes.
- Monthly status report to feed into the Board pack as relevant.
5. Director Member Services – Open – Estimate an initial ‘surge’ to set up and then 10-20 hours / month.
- Focus is on value we can add for members through assisting with networking and support activities. Championing the value of the CA qualification.
- Manage the jobs / careers and Practice-Team lead pages for our website.
- The jobs page to include links to recruiters / agencies / members who are hiring managers, that understand the value of a CA qualification, as well as featuring CA members that are in the recruitment industry as contacts. Note: Good organizations are always interested in talking to potential candidates who can add value to their organization.
- To also link to contacts at the major accounting practices (Practice Team leads) and with our home institutes, who can advocate the value of CAW Network USA to major accounting practices in our home countries (here the role can work in tandem with the Director – Alliances)
- Jobs page to feature referrals from ‘partner’ agencies with (for future) an associated fee agreement if our sharing postings results in placement.
- To add an FAQ section to answer most asked questions.
- To explore / outreach to other interested organizations i.e. British American Chamber of Commerce or similar.
- To summarize status / noteworthy items in a report to be included in the monthly Board pack as required.
6. Director Programming – Open – Estimate 10-20 hours / month.
- To focus on our events program / calendar for each year.
- Building out chapter events with the Directors Member Advocacy East and West, as well as the chapter heads.
- Working with our home institutes and partners on agreeing key initiatives and focus for conferences and webinars.
- Building a calendar to feed into the annual business plan and a monthly update report for the Board pack.
- Agreeing who is leading / delivering each event – working with chief executive, Tech support, event management (ideally a future staff position if budget allows).
- Monthly status report for the Board pack.
7. Director Philanthropy – Open – estimate 15 hours / month.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining a Philanthropy page on our website.
- Page to feature charities that our members / former members are active with.
- Highlight a bio of each member and their role with the charity.
- Encourage members to consider supporting these charities and running a program to feature a specific charity each month.
- To report as needed to the Board (Monthly board pack updates)
8. Chapter Presidents
We have several openings where a current chapter president as stepped down or is looking to do so. If members located in any of the following (or additional) locations are interested in taking on a volunteer role – we will be happy to discuss. This is a great way to get involved with other local members and be part of the overall CAW Network USA team. Open positions include Denver, Minneapolis, Portland (OR), Austin. We can also consider additional chapters where there is local interest.
- Estimated hours – 10-12 hours a month, working with the Directors of Member Advocacy East and West, to agree events. The East chapters (Eastern and Central time zones, excluding Texas) report into ‘East” and Pacific, Mountain and Texas time zones report into West.
- Chapter presidents are eligible to be ‘Board Observers’ and attend our monthly Board meetings. Each chapter has a chapter page on our website and each chapter president is profiled in our ‘About-us’ section.