CAW Network USA supports and connects over 7,000 Chartered Accountants residing in the USA. Chartered Accountants Worldwide (CAW) brings together over 1.8 million members and students from 15 Chartered Accounting institutes. Details can be found on our website cawnetworkusa.com
For CAW Network USA to continue its growth and focus on providing education and networking opportunities to members in the USA, we have the following openings for volunteer positions:
- Vice-President (first of 2 x 2-year terms commences at our AGM in October 2022). This is a voting Board position and part of our executive team that manages the day-to-day activities of CAW Network USA.
- Director Education
- Director Member Services
- Director Programming
- Director Philanthropy
- Assistant Director Member Advocacy West
- Chapter President – Denver, Charlotte, Minneapolis, Seattle, Portland (OR). We can also consider additional chapters where there is local interest
Details on each of the positions are below. Our expectation is that if we can continue to expand our volunteer resources, we will be able to drive growth in both member engagement and revenue, enabling us to expand further the activities we are able to pursue.
If you are an interested candidate or would like to nominate a candidate, please contact [email protected]
Open positions. See below:
Term of Office
Duties may be assumed immediately upon appointment. With the exception of the Vice President, the term of office is one year, renewable annually.
Open. Estimate 20-30 hours / month.
The Vice President shall:
- Perform the duties of the President in the absence of the President; and
- Serve in such other capacity as may be assigned by the President.
- The duties of the President are as follows:
- Preside over all meetings of the Association, the Board, and the Executive Committee as described below;
- Serve as ex officio member of all committees;
- Create sub-committees and appoint sub-committee chairs;
- Appoint Members to represent the Association on specific matters from time to time;
- Jointly with the Chief Executive be the primary external representative of the Association;
- At his/her sole discretion, form and dissolve an Advisory Committee to provide any insight, advice and assistance that the Board may require from time to time, in order to consider any matters of significance to the Association. The Advisory Committee may be comprised of any number of individuals, including those who are not Members of the Association or Associates. There shall be no constraints upon background or qualification of who may serve on the Advisory Committee.
2. Director Education
Open. Estimate 10-20 hours / month.
This position focuses on our ‘educating’ members and covers:
- E-learning (IQEX, AICPA classes, self-study)
- Agreeing a program of CPE eligible events / webinars that match CAW, Institute and CAW Network USA priorities
- Any additional initiatives that add to ‘education’.
- Reviewing Institute and other accounting body / accounting practice / consulting firms’ initiatives, to look for ways we can engage, assist, make content available to members.
- Curating content – adding and updating classes.
- Monthly status report to feed into the Board pack as relevant.
3. Director Member Services
Open – Estimate an initial ‘surge’ to set up and then 10-20 hours / month.
- Focus is on value we can add for members through assisting with networking and support activities. Championing the value of the CA qualification.
- Manage the jobs / careers and Practice-Team lead pages for our website.
- The jobs page to include links to recruiters / agencies / members who are hiring managers, that understand the value of a CA qualification, as well as featuring CA members that are in the recruitment industry as contacts. Note: Good organizations are always interested in talking to potential candidates who can add value to their organization.
- To also link to contacts at the major accounting practices (Practice Team leads) and with our home institutes, who can advocate the value of CAW Network USA to major accounting practices in our home countries (here the role can work in tandem with the Director – Alliances)
- Jobs page to feature referrals from ‘partner’ agencies with (for future) an associated fee agreement if our sharing postings results in placement.
- To add an FAQ section to answer most asked questions.
- To explore / outreach to other interested organizations i.e. British American Chamber of Commerce or similar.
- To summarize status / noteworthy items in a report to be included in the monthly Board pack as required.
4. Director Programming
Open – Estimate 10-20 hours / month.
- To focus on our events program / calendar for each year.
- Building out chapter events with the Directors Member Advocacy East and West, as well as the chapter heads.
- Working with our home institutes and partners on agreeing key initiatives and focus for conferences and webinars.
- Building a calendar to feed into the annual business plan and a monthly update report for the Board pack.
- Agreeing who is leading / delivering each event – working with chief executive, Tech support, event management (ideally a future staff position if budget allows).
- Monthly status report for the Board pack.
5. Director Philanthropy
Open – estimate 15 hours / month.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining a Philanthropy page on our website.
- Page to feature charities that our members / former members are active with.
- Highlight a bio of each member and their role with the charity.
- Encourage members to consider supporting these charities and running a program to feature a specific charity each month.
- To report as needed to the Board (Monthly board pack updates)
6. Assistant Director Member Advocacy West
Open – estimate 10-20 hours / month.
- To support and be backup for the Director Member Advocacy East.
- Director Member Advocacy West role is appointed by the Board and
- the Board shall determine the geographic areas to be covered and may revise this from time to time. Currently this position covers the Pacific and Mountain time zones as well as Central (Texas only).
- this position oversees chapter heads in the region and works with them to agree online and in person meetings and activities.
- they are responsible for reporting to the Board on status at the monthly Board meeting and to submit a report to be included in the Board reporting pack.
7. Chapter Presidents
We have several openings where a current chapter president as stepped down or is looking to do so. If members located in any of the following (or additional) locations are interested in taking on a volunteer role – we will be happy to discuss. This is a great way to get involved with other local members and be part of the overall CAW Network USA team.
- Estimated hours – 10-12 hours a month, working with the Directors of Member Advocacy East and West, to agree events. The East chapters (Eastern and Central time zones, excluding Texas) report into ‘East” and Pacific, Mountain and Texas time zones report into West.
- Chapter presidents are eligible to be ‘Board Observers’ and attend our monthly Board meetings. Each chapter has a chapter page on our website and each chapter president is profiled in our ‘About-us’ section.