Beyond Accounting – Planning and Performance Management Paradigm
Discounts available for members:
Attendance is free for Members and Associates. This includes members in good standing with ICAEW, ICAS, CA ANZ, SAICA, Chartered Accountants Ireland and paid-up associates from other institutes. This includes a CPE certificate for up to 1.8 credits, if the attendee requests it and complies with NASBA guidelines (answers polls and time attending)
Non-members can select from 2 ticket types
- Other Attendees include members of other CAW institutes, CPA Canada, Students or Guests – attendance only – FREE
- Other Attendees (as above) but requesting a CPE certificate for up to 1.8 credits, and complies with NASBA guidelines – $20 non-refundable
To get more information please email: chiefexecutive@
Planning and performance management is a key area of focus for finance teams in organizations of all types. CA ANZ, ACCA in association with PwC surveyed 3,000 finance professionals and interviewed 100 global finance leaders to understand their approach to planning and performance post pandemic. This research also examined views on the role of finance in planning and performance management both now and in the future. The response to the research suggests there is an opportunity for finance teams to embrace a broader, more agile, forward looking and data backed approach to planning and performance management. Key drivers for this change include an increased focus on environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) matters along with the current climate of global geopolitical and economic uncertainty. By embracing this challenge, finance professionals will continue to adapt their skills and add value to their organizations thus ensuring their ongoing relevance.
This presentation will cover:
- The opportunity for finance teams to embrace a broader, more agile, forward looking and data backed approach to planning and performance management.
- The increased focus on environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) matters.
- The current climate of global geopolitical and economic uncertainty.
- How by embracing this challenge, finance professionals will continue to adapt their skills and add value to their organizations thus ensuring their ongoing relevance.
Beyond Accounting: Planning and Performance Management.
By the end of today’s session, attendees will have achieved the following objectives:
- Understand the challenges finance teams have with planning and performance management.
- Understand how finance teams are taking a broader view of performance rather than just a ‘financial lens’
- Understand the importance of data and technology in supporting a robust planning and performance management process.
- Understand the importance of establishing an effective culture of performance management in an organization.
- Understand why effective finance business partners are critical to success.
- Understand the skill set implications for finance teams.
Field of Study: Management Services – Performance Management
Prerequisites: No prerequisite provided attendees are qualified CAs and/or CPAs.
Who should attend: Open to members and associates of CAW Network USA and their guests.
Advance preparation: Not required
Program level: Basic
Delivery method: Group Internet
Refund / Cancellation policy: No fee for members or guests, $20 for non-members requesting a CPE certificate. Will refund if cancellation occurs prior to the event commencing.
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Charlotte is General Manager New Zealand Regions with Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand. She is a Chartered accountant and thought leader with an interest in new and emerging technologies, ethics, culture and the future of work. She is also a co-author of the Planning and Performance Management Paradigm research paper, which was produced by CA ANZ and ACCA in association with PwC. It was launched at the World Congress held in India in November.
Mu is a partner with PwC Consulting Services based in Indianapolis in the United States. Mu advises clients on Finance Transformation and Performance Excellence solutions. He was involved in the research done for the World Congress paper.
Tom Finn is currently the CFO at Adar IT, a Chicago area based tech company that provides cloud services. In the past he has held leadership roles at multiple rapidly growing tech companies including Peapod and American Imaging Management. Most recently Tom was the VP of Finance for Logiwa, a warehouse management (WMS) software company. Tom’s area of expertise is helping small to mid-sized tech companies scale their finance and business operations as they grow. He holds an undergraduate in Business Studies, with a major in accounting and finance from the University of Limerick, Ireland plus an MBA from DePaul University, Chicago. In addition, he is a licensed CPA in the US and is a Fellow of the ACCA.
Jayson is Deputy CFO USA at Commonwealth Bank of Australia based in New York. Jayson is a Chartered Accountant and CAW Network USA’s representative with CA ANZ. He is also on the CA ANZ’s international Council, representing Rest of World members.