This course provides practitioners with a concise and illustrative guide on how an HMRC investigation is carried out, the different types of investigation, and how to successfully deal with them. The course will also review the most popular areas to be currently investigated.
CPD hours: 2.00
This course will be delivered via Zoom on Wednesday 17 February 2021 from 9.30am to 12pm. The Zoom link will be emailed to participants the day before the course is due to take place.
Who should attend
Practitioners, the staff of businesses and individuals subject to investigations
- Basic requirements for a valid enquiry
- Restrictions and requirements of information notices
- Rights and obligations of HMRC and taxpayers
- Advance Payment Notices
- Independent Reviews
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Overview of First Tier Tribunal Tax (FTT)
Key learning outcomes
This course is designed to enable practitioners and others who are subject to HMRC investigations to understand the issues involved and be more confident in successfully undertaking an investigation.