SUMMARY: In our first 2022 Chartered Accountants Worldwide Network USA Beyond Accounting on-line event, we are partnering with Fordham University’s Gabelli School of Business and focusing on Accounting for Net Zero.
We will outline the huge opportunity for our accounting profession to take ownership and establish clear governance, over this critical measure of how business in general is performing in achieving a net-zero target.
Our first session runs for about 30 minutes and includes two 15-minute presentations. We will then take a discussion break for 12 minutes where we will allocate attendees to groups. When they arrive in the groups, they will be met by a group leader – one of our CAW Network USA executive team. They will then discuss the key takeaways they have from the presentations.
We will then reconvene in a plenary session and group leads will be asked to share the most important takeaways. (8 minutes). Then we bring the speakers back, introduce our moderator and move to Q&A for the remaining time (Est. 30 minutes). Total time including introduction and polls 90 minutes.
This presentation will cover:
- An industry perspective on the urgency to address ‘Net Zero’ and ask why the accounting profession is not taking a clearer leadership role.
- A response from a former Big 4 partner, specializing in ESG reporting, on what the profession is doing to actively address Net Zero.
- This will be followed by attendee discussion of the key items and priorities arising.
- Our speakers will then return, along with a guest speaker (Stathis Gould) to take questions from the audience and feedback on results from the breakout session.
By the end of the sessions, attendees will be able to answer the following questions:
- Learn how companies are / aren’t measuring up to accurate assessment of their ‘Net Zero’ compliance against stated goals.
- Where there is overlap and inconsistency and how the accounting profession has an opportunity to become the trusted advisor and assessor of compliance.
- Identify key questions arising and discuss their potential impact and how accountants / auditors can help.
- Implications for the accounting profession and set the stage for a follow on ‘Part 2 discussion’.
Participants will earn 1 CPE credits (for the first 50 minutes of the program 1 CPE credit is awarded but only if the program is 50 minutes. For each additional complete 25 minutes of program time an additional 0.5 CPE credits can be awarded.) We can agree the exact credit for the program once we know the exact start /end times.
Note: In order to be awarded the full credit hours, you must attend / participate in the full session.
FIELD OF STUDY: Personal Development
PREREQUISITES: No prerequisite provided attendees are qualified CAs and/or CPAs. Other non-CPA interested parties are also invited to observe.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Open to members and associates of CAW Network USA and their guests.
ADVANCE PREPARATION: Not required
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
DELIVERY METHOD: Group Internet
REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY: No fee for members or guests, $20 for non-members requesting a CPE certificate. Will refund if cancellation occurs prior to the event commencing.
COMPLAINT RESOLUTION POLICY: For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancellation policies (as relevant), please refer to https://cawnetworkusa.com or contact [email protected]