This event will provide participants with an in-depth understanding of the 2019-20 PFMA audit outcomes and the AGSA’s covid-19 special report 2.
- 08:45 – 9:00 Login to the session
- 09:00 – 11:30 Session 1 – 2019-20 PFMA audit outcomes
- 11:30 – 12:00 Break
- 12:00 – 14:00 Session 2 – AGSA COVID-19 Special Report 2
This event will comprise of 2 sessions as follows:
Session 1 – 2019-20 PFMA audit outcomes: The AGSA will unpack the audit outcomes and the following will be analysed:
- Provincial outcome analysis
- National outcome analysis
- Performance Information
- Compliance with key legislations
- Irregular, fruitless and wasteful expenditure
- Root causes
- Material irregularity
Session 2 – AGSA COVID-19 Special Report 2:
Government responded to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, commonly known as covid-19, by redirecting resources to fund a R500 billion package for the health response and the relief of social and economic distress caused by the drastic measures that had to be taken to contain the spread of the virus.
In May 2020, the AGSA began a real-time audit of 16 of the key covid-19 initiatives introduced by government and of the management of R148,06 billion of the funds made available. The AGSA has issued the special reports on the financial management of government’s covid-19 initiatives. This session will unpack the findings from the special reports.
Facilitator and Host:
Natashia Soopal, SAICA Senior Executive: Public Sector and Enabling Competencies
Presenter and Panel Members:
- Freeman Nomvalo, SAICA CEO
- Alice Muller CA(SA), AGSA Acting National Leader: Audit
- Lindy Bodewig, Chief Director – Technical Support Services at National Treasury
- Wayne Duvenage, CEO at Organisation Undoing Tax Abuse (OUTA)