Who Should Attend
SAICA members and associates [CAs(SA) / AGAs(SA) / ATs(SA)], trainees and non-members.
After this extremely practical session with Dr Sharon, you will:
- Find out exactly what emotional intelligence is and why many companies now hire based on EQ not IQ
- Know how the body is impacted by unmanaged emotions and stress and how to spot signs quickly
- Harness the power of your E-MOTIONS (energy in motion)
- Recognise and work with the emotions of others
- Identify your unique ‘hot spots’ and create strategies to overcome them
- Have tools you can implement to return to your most resourceful, calm and productive state
- Virus scan your mind and realise how much it impacts your reality and experiences
- Become increasingly resourceful and create healthy habits, routines and rituals
- Support yourself and others in ways that can prevent pandemic burnout
- Harness the power of high emotional intelligence
We are living in unprecedented times and the world as we knew it no longer exists. Employees are being encouraged to work from home and to avoid unnecessary contact with other people. Many are working while home schooling children. We are redefining the way we work and live and co-creating a new reality. It is not surprising that stress and tension is at an all-time high as we face so much disruption and uncertainty. We need to stay calm and adapt quickly to our ever-changing circumstances to keep ourselves and our teams calm and motivated.
This is no easy feat, especially when faced with high levels of anxiety and pandemic burnout. More than ever, we need skills and tools to equip us to lead ourselves and others more effectively. We need to be resilient and instil hope. What we need are people and leaders with a high emotional intelligence because research shows that they have the skills to really ‘be the difference that makes the difference.’ The good news is that this can be learnt!
Dr Sharon King Gabrielides is a dynamic facilitator, speaker and executive coach with over 20 years’ experience in leadership and organisational development and transformation. She is a registered Education, Training and Development Practitioner (ETDP), holds an Honours degree in Psychology and practices as an NLP master practitioner. She is also one of only three women in South Africa to hold the title of Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) – it’s the Oscar of the speaking business.
Sharon is also a qualified Modern Classroom Certified Trainer (MCCT™) and accredited Global Virtual Speaker. Sharon’s PhD thesis contributed a framework for holistic and sustainable leadership development that has been published by Rutgers University in the USA. She is highly sought-after by leading corporates because she works hand-in-hand with them to create sustainable results and long-term success. Sharon has become known for her practical approach, useful tools and genuinely caring manner. She is really looking forward to working with you and taking Key Steps to ‘be the difference that makes the difference.’