CAW Network USA supports and connects over 7,000 Chartered Accountants residing in the USA. Chartered Accountants Worldwide (CAW) brings together over 1.8 million members and students from 15 Chartered Accounting institutes. Details can be found on our website https://cawnetworkusa.com
For CAW Network USA to continue its growth and focus on educating and networking members in the USA we have the following openings for volunteer positions:
- Executive Team / Voting Board member – Secretary
- Director Education
- Director Member Services
- Director Programming
- Assistant Director Member Advocacy West
- Accounting Practice Team – looking for representatives working for EY and PwC
Details on each of the positions are below. Our expectation is that if we can continue to expand our volunteer resources, we will be able to drive growth in both member engagement and revenue, enabling us to expand the activities we are able to pursue.
If you are an interested candidate or would like to nominate a candidate, please contact email@example.com
Voting Board position / Executive Team member – Secretary.
The Secretary is a key Executive Team member and voting Board member. The Executive Team is responsible for the day-to-day management of the organization reporting to the full Board at each board meeting. As a key member of the Executive Team, you will have input in all management decisions, approvals and strategy. The specific duties as detailed in the bylaws are:
- take, record and present accurate minutes of the proceedings of all meetings of the Association and the Board and take and record minutes of proceedings in which key decisions are made by the Executive Committee.
- maintain all records, including minutes and annual reports and communications of significance by the Association, its Elected and Appointed Officials, Volunteers and Staff.
- issue Notices of Meetings.
- tabulate all votes and inform the President of the tally when votes are taken at General and Special Meetings, Board Meetings and Executive Committee Meetings.
- notify the Board and Executive Committee of the list of Members selected as nominees for Elected and Appointed positions by Nominating Committees.
- appoint a temporary secretary if the Secretary cannot attend a meeting; and
- maintain the names and the contact information for all Elected and Appointed Officials, and Chapter Heads.
Other open positions. See below:
Term of Office
Duties may be assumed immediately upon appointment. Term of office is one year, renewable annually, and that each director continue in the role if both parties agree.
1. Director Education – Open. Estimate 10-20 hours / month.
- This position focuses on our ‘educating’ members and covers:
- E-learning (IQEX, AICPA classes, self-study)
- Agreeing a program of CPE eligible events / webinars that match CAW, Institute and CAW Network USA priorities
- Any additional initiatives that add to ‘education’.
- Reviewing Institute and other accounting body / accounting practice / consulting firms’ initiatives, to look for ways we can engage, assist, make content available to members.
- Curating content – adding and updating classes.
- Monthly status report to feed into the Board pack as relevant.
2. Director Member Services – Open – Estimate an initial ‘surge’ to set up and then 10-20 hours / month.
- Focus is on value we can add for members through assisting with networking and support activities. Championing the value of the CA qualification.
- Initially to assist in setting up a jobs / careers page for our website.
- This page to include links to recruiters / agencies / members who are hiring managers, that understand the value of a CA qualification, as well as featuring CA members that are in the recruitment industry as contacts. Note: Good organizations are always interested in talking to potential candidates who can add value to their organization.
- To also link to contacts at the major accounting practices and with our home institutes, who can advocate the value of CAW Network USA to major accounting practices in our home countries (here the role can work in tandem with the Director – Alliances)
- Jobs page to feature referrals from ‘partner’ agencies with an associated fee agreement if our sharing postings results in placement.
- To add an FAQ section to answer most asked questions.
- To explore / outreach to other interested organizations i.e. British American Chamber of Commerce or similar.
- To summarize status / noteworthy items in a report to be included in the monthly Board pack as required.
3. Director Programming – Open – Estimate 10-20 hours / month.
- To focus on our events program / calendar for each year.
- Building out chapter events with the Directors Member Advocacy East and West, as well as the chapter heads.
- Working with our home institutes and partners on agreeing key initiatives and focus for conferences and webinars.
- Building a calendar to feed into the annual business plan and a monthly update report for the Board pack.
- Agreeing who is leading / delivering each event – working with chief executive, Tech support, event management (ideally a future staff position if budget allows).
- Monthly status report for the Board pack.
4. Assistant Director Member Advocacy West – Open – estimate 10-20 hours / month.
- To support and be backup for the Director Member Advocacy East.
- Director Member Advocacy West role is appointed by the Board and
- the Board shall determine the geographic areas to be covered and may revise this from time to time. Currently this position covers the Pacific and Mountain time zones as well as Central (Texas only).
- this position oversees chapter heads in the region and works with them to agree online and in person meetings and activities.
- they are responsible for reporting to the Board on status at the monthly Board meeting and to submit a report to be included in the Board reporting pack.
5. Accounting Practice Team. We have established a team led by Michael Brassil, that focuses on communicating with members / eligible members who work for the larger accounting firms in the USA. Currently we have reps for Deloitte, KPMG, BDO and Grant Thornton. Our EY rep has relocated to the UK, and PwC rep left the firm. Open – estimate up to 10 hours / month.
- The Accounting Practice team is a committee with representatives from each of the leading accounting / firms. We may add larger consulting practices or set this up as a separate team ongoing. This will give us multiple connection points into those businesses which have a significant number of Chartered Accountants as members. Also, those who are actively recruiting or rotating CA’s globally.
- Historically ACAUS had a council with representatives of the major accounting firms, and these members were the key conduits to work with these firms in practice. Their role includes advertising our organization to new arrivals, providing speakers for events and encouraging participation in activities.
- Team member duties include:
- Monthly review meeting – the week before Board meetings, to discuss promoting activities and giving feedback to add into the Board Pack as needed.
- To follow up internally within the firm and work with HR / relevant parties to agree how to best communicate activities to fellow CA’s.
- To champion our IQEX course and its benefits to the accounting practices whose members institutes have Mutual Recognition Agreements in place with AICPA/NASBA.