In a recent CAW Network USA member survey ‘Data Analytics’ was rated the most important skill for accountants to augment/acquire. This presentation focuses on how the finance and accounting function can leverage data science analytics embedded in their financial reporting for financial planning and analysis (FP&A). It also presents on the accelerating and disruptive digital technology transformation that is now in progress.
Gary Cokins our presenter, is an internationally recognized expert, speaker, and author in advanced cost management and performance improvement systems. He spent 30 years with Deloitte, KPMG, and SAS. He is the founder of Analytics-Based Performance Management, an advisory firm located in Cary, North Carolina LinkedIn profile.
- Learning why business analytics and leveraging Big Data provide a competitive advantage.
- Understanding the difference between business intelligence (BI) and business analytics.
- How to imbed statistics and analytics into enterprise performance management (EPM) methods.
- How to differentiate forecasting from predictive modeling.
- Learning alternative approaches to accelerating the adoption rate of business analytics.
- Learning how artificial intelligence (AI), robotic process automation (RPA), and machine learning will impact jobs in accounting.
- Why this impact can be a threat but also an opportunity.
- Understanding the continuum of business analytics.
- Skills needed to embrace digital automation.
- Recognize impacted functions: transactional, period end closing, auditing, regulatory filings.
- Mitigating risks from digitalization automation.