Creative Financial Staffing
Why the Controller opportunity:
1. The Company: $30M North American division of a Private Equity Backed UK FinTech organization. The company expanded into the North America through an acquisition in 2019. This division is highly profitable (30% EBITDA margins) and is poised to more than double its revenue in the next 5 years.
The Opportunity: Reporting to the North American Head of Finance, the Controller will be charged with building out the accounting infrastructure to support the run rate of the company.
The Culture: This is a high energy, high growth organization with an entrepreneurial approach. They offer the benefits of working in a start-up (fast-paced, “all-hands-on-deck” mentality, growth opportunity, and ability to have an actual impact) while maintaining the financial stability of an established company.
The Exposure: The Controller will be expected to operate through all levels of the organization and align processes and systems to fully execute the company’s growth strategy.
The Controller’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Reporting to Head of NA Finance, the Controller will have responsibility for the oversight of all aspects of the day-to-day financial management of the company including: the preparation of the monthly consolidated financial package; management of GL accounts, annual audit and submission of government and related tax returns; and financial planning.
· Hire and develop the accounting team properly balancing internal and external resources
· Participate in the company’s ERP evaluation, implementation and successful utilization
· Develop and implement business process improvement initiatives and strategies.
· Increase the company’s ability to anticipate business issues and drive good decision-making through sound financial management.
· Further develop guidelines and processes corresponding to the rapid growth of the company.
· Continually review accounting policies and procedures to ensure that the company is compliant with GAAP and statutory accounting
· Develop a thorough understanding of all facets of the business including commodities, supply chain, markets, channels, customers and consumers.
Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
M.B.A. or master’s degree in finance is preferred, but not required.
7+ years of total experience. Must have hands-on experience working in an accounting and financial management function in a high growth company.
Fintech or Financial Services industry experience highly desired.
To apply for this job email your details to MVentura@cfstaffing.com