Join John Truzzolino and Sulaiman Afzal as they help attendees understand the new SEC disclosure rules for human capital. This presentation follows on from our ‘Measuring the Most Valuable Asset’ presentation from March 2021, but can be viewed independently as the subject material is self-contained. A recording of the March presentation is available under ‘Webinars’ on the CAW Network USA website.
After attending this session, attendees will be able to better understand “SEC New human capital disclosure rules” and what should be considered in “Getting your company ready” .
- Inventory all human capital measures or objectives that you focus on in managing the business.
- Focus the inventory to include the measures that are material to an understanding of the business.
- Implement processes and controls over the preparation and reporting of human capital measures.
- Consider subsequent measurement and reporting. Human capital measures should be consistent from period to period. Changes to how the measures are used or calculated should be disclosed. External audits of human capital reporting .
- Listen continuously to employees input in order to optimize performance and risk among the workforce.
- Consider use of Disclosure Committee Charter for the new “ SEC New human capital disclosure rules
There are two videos we suggest you review as background prior to the webinar:
GDA Live with Andy Fastow – YouTube
ESG Risks: What Today’s Boards Need to Know (Video Inside) (diligent.com)
About our presenters:
John Truzzolino – Director of Business Solutions at Donnelley Financial Solutions
John Truzzolino is the Director of Business Solutions at Donnelley Financial Solutions, DFIN. With more than 2 decades of SEC and global reporting experience, John is leading DFIN’s ESG thought leadership, client engagement and partner program, including authoring ESG thought leadership, geared for CFO’s and finance teams, published on FEI Daily, as well as expanding ESG credentials with Berkley U ESG Board Certification and currently working on SASB FSA training certification.
John participates and leads emerging ESG reporting working groups including; EDM Council – ESG Working Group; The Data Coalition – Chair ESG Working Group; XBRL-US – Chair- Regulatory Modernization Working Group Data Quality Committee.
Sulaiman Afzal – US Data Solutions Managing Director, Chief Executive Coach
Sulaiman Afzal is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW). Mr. Afzal helps create a collaborative environment where employees are well-trained and empowered to work at full capacity, and people will notice. Because even in today’s highly automated world, nothing can replace the value that knowledgeable and caring member service can bring to a business transaction experience. His services include workshops for Fortune 500 clients on Culture Change, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) program for Enterprise Risk Management (ERM).