‘Beyond Accounting – Climate Change – Why it matters to accountants’ aims to inform Finance professionals about climate change and the issues that surround reporting on sustainability and climate impact. This is the second in the Beyond Accounting series from Chartered Accountants Worldwide Network USA.
In the opening session our speakers focus on:
- United Nations SDG goals and especially those linked to climate change. Purpose is to inform attendees about them and a call to action to get involved.
- Climate change perspective from IFAC and how accounting bodies globally are taking action. Plus sharing recent research highlights.
- Climate change from the front lines – impact on Fiji.
In our second session, moderator Praneet Singh interviews our speakers in a panel session including audience questions.
Date: 25 May 2021
Time: 8am Fiji, 1pm Pacific, 4pm Eastern, 9pm UK/Ireland
Price: $30 (discounts for members, see below)
CPE: Up to 2 credits
Discounts available for members
Attendance is free for members of ICAEW, ICAS, SAICA, CA ANZ and CA Ireland. If a CPE certificate is required (1.8 credits) there is a cost of $20. ICAEW, ICAS, SAICA, CA ANZ and CA Ireland members should use the following discount codes:
- ba2free – If you just want to attend with no CPE certificate (cost is free)
- ba2cpe – If you want to attend and be eligible for a CPE certificate ($10 off the $30 base price)
For members of other institutes to attend and/or obtain CPE credit the cost is $30.
To get more information please email: [email protected]
Finance leaders / Chartered Accountants have a responsibility beyond bookkeeping and financial reporting. More and more companies are reporting on sustainability and climate impact.
By the end of the session, attendees will be able to answer the following questions:
- What are the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and why are they important to me as an accountant?
- What are accounting bodies globally doing to support this and what initiatives are underway:
- How can I as an accountant make a difference?
- What is Fiji (at the front line for climate change) doing to promote awareness and how is it being impacted?