CAW Network USA invites you to attend our 2023 in-person conference: Beyond Accounting – Beyond the Numbers on June 8th , 2023.
The conference will be a single stream event running from 8.50 am to 5.15 pm followed by an optional evening event and refreshments. The sessions will take place in the McNally Amphitheater, and sponsors / catering will be in Platt Court, situated directly outside the Amphitheater. Lunch will be held in a separate location. There will be 6 separate sessions, for the main conference, which combine for up to 7 CPE credits. The evening session adds another 1 credit. The conference fee includes breakfast, lunch and (if the evening event is also selected) an open bar and finger food. It also includes a digital badge and / or a CPE certificate (if applicable and requirements are met).
The sessions held will cover:
- ESG Reporting
- Sustainability (Panel discussion)
- Technology & Risk
- Analytics & Accountants
- Future of Audit
SYNOPSIS: Beyond Accounting – Beyond the Numbers
Similar to our 2019 in-person conference, 5 of the sessions will follow the same format. This is that 3 business and thought leaders will speak concurrently on each session topic. They will each have a 15 minutes segment and after the 3 have presented we will have some Q&A. The 6th session (Sustainability) will be a panel discussion with a moderator and 3 panelists.
As we agree sponsors and speakers we will update this listing. Speakers will be a mix of members , guests and sponsors – all thought leaders in their fields.
For the evening event we plan to show a relevant short movie and then discuss it and the impact on us as accountants.
By the end of today’s sessions, attendees will be able to answer the following
- Gain insights into ‘Leadership and what this means to our distinguished speakers
- Update on the latest thinking in and around ESG reporting
- Consider how the focus in Sustainability is something accountants should be aware of and advocate for
- Understand how technology can enable risk mitigation
- Understand how members are using data analytics to augment and provide assurance in working with clients
- Envision the opportunities and threats as we discuss the ‘Future of Audit’