« All Events
Finance Leaders Plugging the Net-Zero information gap
September 21, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am EDT
|Join IFAC and A4s + finance and accounting leaders online September 21st at 9.00am EDT for Climate Week NYC
IFAC and A4S’s Climate Week NYC event Finance Leaders Plugging the Net-Zero Information Gap: Exploring the critical role of CFOs and finance teams in the climate transition is not to be missed.
The practice of publicly disclosing transition plans is rapidly evolving, and yet significantly fewer companies have disclosed comprehensive plans than have committed to reach net-zero or pledged to reach climate neutrality. There’s no quick fix towards achieving climate commitments, but companies need to understand and communicate their climate-related risks and opportunities and how they plan to meet their climate commitments. Finance leaders are finding themselves as the stewards and implementers of climate transition planning and reporting.
Join us September 21 to hear from finance leaders at various steps of their transition journeys and explore their perspectives on:
- Enabling an organization’s transition planning
- Overcoming key challenges including financing and data
- Where accounting and finance professionals contribute to achieve climate targets and develop and execute transition plans, and
- Developments and expectations of reporting standards and requirements to enhance company disclosure
Our panel discussion will feature:
- Shamsul Bahar VP & Group Financial Controller PETRONAS
- Patti Humble IMA Board Member, andChief Accounting Officer UPS
- Kee Chan Sin Assistant Treasurer – Capital Markets & Corporate Finance Verizon
- Swami Venkataraman Associate Managing Director, ESG Moody’s
- Jing Zhang Head of Climate Research IFRS Foundation
- Jessica Fries (Moderator) Executive Chair A4S
If you have any questions regarding this webinar, or would like social assets to share, please email [email protected]. A recording will be available after the event. The event will also be streamed live on IFAC’s LinkedIn and YouTube channels.