Building Resilience: Sustainability and Innovation
Co-hosted by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Chartered Accountants Worldwide and One Young World.
When: Saturday 12 June 2021 (Democracy Day in Nigeria)
Time: 11.00am – 12:15pm
About the event
It has never been more important to empower young finance and business professionals to be part of building a better future.
When examining Nigeria, the country has been reliant on oil revenue for decades, which in turn has made it vulnerable to economic shocks that affect millions of people, from all socioeconomic backgrounds. Over the years, the government and business sector alike have dealt with their fair share of mismanagement and corruption scandals. With one of the largest youth populations in the world, all sectors must prioritise engaging with this demographic to ensure future generations can live in a stable, prosperous and safe country.
This challenge is not unique to Nigeria. Countries around the world are under intense pressure to create improved conditions for citizens, business and organisations to thrive. In order for any nation to fulfill aspirations of becoming economic powerhouses, it is critical for them to invest in innovation and design sustainable ecosystems for everyone to succeed in. This generation of young leaders must be part of the change.
Join as we hear from leaders within Nigeria and beyond, who will provide a local and global perspective on the shared challenges facing us all.
- Chimere’ Ulukwu, Founder of WholeLife Initiative for Development in Africa
- Olubunmi Odekunle, Founder of LendKash & Chief Strategist and Operations at IBF Markets
- Kate Robertson, Co-Founder of One Young World
- Prof. Ahmed Modu Kumshe, FCA, Chief Executive of ICAN
- Mrs. Comfort Olu. Eyitayo mni, FCA- The 57TH President of ICAN
- Prof. Ndubuisi Ekekwe. Founder, African Institution of Technology
- Abideen Opeyemi OLASUPO, CEO and Co-Founder, dHub Innovation Centre
- Marc Alain Boucicault, Founder of Banj and co-founder of Groupe ECHO Haiti
- Ifedayo Durosinmi-Etti, Managing Partner at AGS Tribe & Youth Advisor – S4YE, World Bank
- Kaveto Tjatjara, CEO and founder of Flushh