For today’s event we are partnering with the Institute of Chartered accountants in England and Wales and focusing on the impact and potential outcomes of the current global energy crisis. How this is impacting us, what is likely to happen next and what can be done about it. We start with 3 presentations. Firstly a segment on ’resilience’ and how we can take steps to mitigate / resolve / address the impact of the energy crisis. Then a ‘people’s perspective’ on what is happening now and what may happen in future. Finally, a perspective from the ICAEW viewpoint of the energy crisis and its impact on accountants, focusing on the UK, Europe and wider world. The first session should run for about 60 minutes. Then bring the speakers back, introduce our moderator and move to Q&A for the remaining time (Est. 30 minutes). Total time including introduction and polls 90 minutes.
This presentation will cover:
- ’Resilience’ and how we can take steps to mitigate / resolve / address the impact of the energy crisis.
- A ‘people’s perspective’ on what is happening now and what may happen in future.
- A perspective from the ICAEW viewpoint of the energy crisis and its impact on accountants, focusing on the UK, Europe and wider world.
Beyond Accounting: Winter is Coming.
- By the end of today’s session, attendees will have achieved the following objectives:
- The economic impact of the energy crisis, specifically for Europe but also for the USA / wider world
- How people are being impacted and what may occur during the current winter in the northern hemisphere
- What can be done to mitigate the energy crisis impact now and in future
- Any implications for the accounting profession
FIELD OF STUDY: Business Management and Organization
PREREQUISITES: No prerequisite provided attendees are qualified CAs and/or CPAs.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Open to members and associates of CAW Network USA and their guests.
ADVANCE PREPARATION: Not required
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
DELIVERY METHOD: Group Internet
REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY: No fee for members or guests, $20 for non-members requesting a CPE certificate. Will refund if cancellation occurs prior to the event commencing.