SUMMARY: For this event we are partnering with Fordham University’s Gabelli School of Business and focusing on the skills needed for accountants to maintain and enhance their trusted leadership position working with or for companies in industry or practice. Target audience is anyone aspiring to become a qualified accountant; those who are already studying to be accountants and those who have already qualified as accountants and want to assess what skills they need to consider acquiring or improving. All accounting bodies globally are facing the same challenges – and education and continuing development are key areas of relevance to every accountant or aspiring accountant. We will have 3 x 15-minute presentations on:
- What the US CPA education path is changing with CPA Evolution starting in January 2024;
- What Chartered Accountants Ireland and similar bodies globally are doing to enhance and continue to improve their own education path, and
- A view of education for accountants globally from the International Federation of Accountants.
With introductions and polls, we anticipate this will take 60 minutes. We will then take a discussion break for 12 minutes where we will allocate attendees to groups. When they arrive in the groups, they will be met by a group leader – one of our CAW Network USA executive team. They will then discuss the key takeaways they have from the presentations. Also, to decide a few that are ‘most important’. We will then reconvene in a plenary session and group leads will be asked to share the most important takeaways. (8 minutes). Then we bring the speakers back for closing comments (Est. 10 minutes). Total time 90 minutes.
Presentations will cover:
- CPA Evolution and its changing educational priorities
- Chartered Accountants Ireland – Education path for Chartered Accountants Ireland itself – and how other CA organizations are doing similar
- IFAC view of education and changing requirements globally
By the end of today’s session, attendees will have achieved the following objectives:
- Understand the education path and priorities for US CPAs
- Understand the education path and priorities of Chartered Accountants Ireland (and link to all CA organizations facing similar challenges).
- Understand how skills / needs are changing globally, albeit at a different pace by country
- Feedback and discussion – opportunities and threats
Participants will earn 1 CPE credits (for the first 50 minutes of the program 1 CPE credit is awarded but only if the program is 50 minutes. For each additional complete 25 minutes of program time an additional 0.5 CPE credits can be awarded.) We can agree the exact credit for the program once we know the exact start /end times.
Note: In order to be awarded the full credit hours, you must attend / participate in the full session
FIELD OF STUDY: Personal Development
PREREQUISITES: No prerequisite provided attendees are qualified CAs and/or CPAs. Other non-CPA interested parties are also invited to observe.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Open to members and associates of CAW Network USA and their guests.
ADVANCE PREPARATION: Not required
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
DELIVERY METHOD: Group Internet
REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY: No fee for members or guests, $20 for non-members requesting a CPE certificate. Will refund if cancellation occurs prior to the event commencing.
COMPLAINT RESOLUTION POLICY: For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancellation policies (as relevant), please refer to https://cawnetworkusa.com or contact [email protected]