Senior Accounting Manager – Corporate Accounting, plus some SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting
This position is unfortunately only open to US residents who are US Citizens, have a current US Green Card, or who have a current transferable H-1B Visa.
We have been asked to assist a public company client to assist them in their search for a Senior Accounting Manager – SEC Reporting, Technical & Corporate Accounting to be based at their Corporate office which is about 35 miles from DownTown Los Angeles.
Candidates currently working in a role with direct involvement in SEC Reporting, and/or a Technical Accounting role are encouraged to apply.
Additionally, Candidates who are currently auditors at a public accounting firm with clients who have obligations to file form 10-q / 10-K are encouraged to apply.
Candidates living outside the Greater Los Angeles area will be considered as some relocation support may be offered.
Please take a look at the job description below, and if interested, send me a resume so we can set up an initial conversation.
Michael J Williams
Best Fit Search LLC
Former NFL Controller, Public Company Controller and start-up CFO.
Tel: Los Angeles 310-598-7510
Tel: San Francisco 415-360-2510
“Let you career serve your life, not your life serve your career”
Senior Manager Accounting – SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting and GL Close.
My client has a newly created opportunity for a Senior Manager, Accounting. The Sr. Manager is a key part of the Finance organization and reports to our Corporate Controller.
The Sr. Manager will assist in providing thought leadership and current best practices surrounding technical accounting and external reporting issues. Responsibilities include technical accounting research, memos and implementation new accounting guidance and unusual transactions, assistance with quarterly and annual SEC filings, manage the Corporate accounting close process, including review of monthly journal entries and reconciliations as necessary.
This position requires on-site presence Monday through Thursday. Friday is typically remote.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· SEC reporting
· Evaluate and implement new technical accounting standards
· Apply relevant guidance and draft accounting memos to support conclusions
· Debt and equity accounting
· Lease and sale leaseback accounting
· Stock based compensation
· Monthly review of senior accountant journal entries and account reconciliations
· Monthly review of balance sheet flux analysis
· Monthly recording of debt, sale-leaseback and office/car lease transactions
· Compliance filing management (provide updates for information returns and registered agent site review of upcoming filings)
· Review of GAAP/SEC checklists, tie-out procedures performed by senior accountant, and various other quarterly tasks
Education and Experience Qualifications:
· Bachelors in Accounting or equivalent business degree
· Licensed CPA is a plus
· 7-10 or more years of direct related work experience
· Analytic ability to identify problems and arrive at practical solutions
· Large ERP Software experience
· Able to multi-task, and is a team player
· Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
· Advanced Excel skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org